Friday 30 January 2015

The Theory Of Everything!

Yesterday despite the heavy snow here in the North of England me and one of my closet friends decided to venture out into the Narnia like world outside and go see The Theory Of Everything and go to one of our favourite Leeds Bars called the Alchemist which I highly recommend. We both have being waiting a while to see it and have heard so many great things about it. So been the Performing arts students/film geeks we are, we couldn't wait any longer. The Theory Of Everything stars the utterly talented Eddie Redmayne and the beautiful Felicity Jones as Stephen and Jane Hawking. Everyone should know who Stephen Hawking is and if you don't well all can say is crawl out from under your rock and do your research. He is one of the great Physicist that has ever lived. The film follows Stephens life from being a PHD student at Cambridge to becoming the successful physicist he is today all whilst dealing with his fast developing Motor Neuron Disease and the struggles of family life.
To me Motor Neuron Disease is not a disease that's well known and I personally knew little about it before watching this film. I think this film is a great teaching platform to get the message across about the disease and to teach people about its affects and symptoms.
Eddie Redmayne did an absolute wonderful job and certainly deserves all the awards he has being winning and fingers crossed he bags that Oscar. He certainly is a very versatile and passionate actor and from watching his role as Stephen I can tell he spent many hours developing the character by researching the disease, and watching Stephen hawking.
I also think Felicity Jones as Jane deserves to win those awards too. For me her performance stood out in the film compared to anyone else because I believe her character went on the biggest journey emotionally. As an actor if you can get your characters emotion on screen or stage felt by the audience even though they haven't being through the same thing as the character, to me that's impressive. through out the whole film I felt like when Jane's stressed I am stressed, when she's happy I am happy. It takes extremely talented actors to do that.
I highly recommend this film to everyone even if you don't think its your thing. its just simple and beautiful!




Kayleigh X
 

No comments:

Post a Comment