Saturday 24 January 2015

My 25 minute home workout which has results!

I noticed the key to getting fit is interval training and it's used by top trainers such as Jillian Michaels.  I started out by doing her thirty day shred however I soon became unmotivated and bored with it and that's because I didn't find it fun and it's not tailored to you personally. So I thought why not create my own which is fun and motivational. I first started out by picking a work out track list with my up beat favourite songs. Select a track list around 25-30minutes long. mine includes songs such as Real Love by Clean bandit and Ellie Goulding Burn.  
The first song you need to start of by doing cardio as this gets the heart pumping and you warmed up. Do cardio exercises which you enjoy for  like 30x each or like half a minute.  For my cardio warm up I do exercises such as


  • Jumping jacks
  • On the spot skipping (you can do this without a rope)
  • Frog jumps (go down to a crouching position like a frog and jump straight up) 
  • Jump twists
  • High knees

Once my first track is finished I then move onto strength. I added weights to my work out which include tow light weight hand weights and I found my brothers old weights bench so I also use a bar with two 5lb weights on.  If you don't have weights at home don't worry you can just do strength exercises such as push ups, burpees and squats. 

  • Squat stance punches with hand weights
  • Squat and arm raises with hand weights
  • Chest press with heavier weights
  • Over head press with weights 
  • Dead lift bar 
On the third track I then move onto my ab workout my favourite part of the circuit. Choose your  favourite abs focused moves. I do
  • Reverse crunch
  • Crunch 
  • Full sit ups
  • Plank
  • Bicycle
  • Abdominal twist with a weight 
After your third track has finished re-peat the circuit again starting from cardio. When you have done the circuit twice your work out track list should have finished.  I have seen really good results from doing this but make sure you are eating healthy too. 

Follow me on social media for my journey to a healthier lifestyle :-) I will continue to post my progress, healthy recipes and work outs. I also challenge you to warm up to Taylor Swifts Shake it Off without stopping. It's a lot of fast paced jumping, shaking and dancing put it gets the heart pumping and is lots of fun. 



Kayleigh x

No comments:

Post a Comment