Friday 6 February 2015

My Diet!

A lot of people start on a weight loss journey but give up because there not seeing any results. Most people believe exercise is enough but it's not! You have to eat clean. Nutrients are key for the body to function and protein gives you energy whilst helping to re-build your muscles stronger. I flick through the weight loss and healthy eating hashtags on Instagram and see things like chocolate, baked beans on white bread and a bowls of cereal. these are certainly not healthy nor full of key nutrients for the body.  I never used to eat healthy, I'd eat what I want when I want. Luckily I have never being a big portion eater and usually eat little and often.

  1. My first tip for eating better and losing weight is eat smaller portions (unless you already do). Make sure your having breakfast, lunch and dinner and no more than a couple of snacks a day. 
  2. Cut out sugary drinks like pop or soda and Juice drinks as there usually full of sugar. Stick to water and tea. I also recommend lemon detox water.
  3. Cut out sugary and fattening snacks like chocolate and crisps. Replace them with fresh fruit which can be frozen so they don't go off, peanut/cereal bars, and yoghurts.
  4. Swap your white bread for brown.
  5. Eat more eggs as there a great source of protein.
  6. Swap cereal for porridge and top with frozen or fresh fruit and a teaspoon of Nutella or pea nut butter.

My daily food intake is around 1200 calories sometimes 
maybe less. I start the morning off by having my Protein World Slender Blend which usually takes me up till lunch time. For lunch I will usually have something like egg and soldiers or salmon on crackers and then a yoghurt, humus 
with fresh veg and fruit, or meat and salad. In the evening I like to have a normal cooked meal such as chicken in sauce with brown rice, quinoa paella, or homemade sweet potato fish pie.  

Changing your eating habits is not hard and I recommend it to everyone! I feel so much happier and healthier and the weight is coming off. 


Kayleigh x




No comments:

Post a Comment